Location: R N302 | Campus map
This space hosts 30 computer workstations and provides a work environment for students enrolled in Geography courses utilizing Geographic Information Systems (GIS), remote sensing, and statistics.
GIS encompasses the measurement, representation, manipulation, analysis and presentation of spatial data. Remote sensing involves the handling and analysis of imagery acquired from airborne or satellite platforms. Statistics involves the analysis, interpretation, and presentation of data.
New computers and extended operational hours ensure an appropriate environment for research and completing assignments.
- To print B&W documents send documents to printer "GIS NR302 B&W";
- To print colour documents, send documents to printer "GIS NR302 COLOR".
- Printing charges for black and white documents are $0.10 per page and printing charges for color documents are $0.25. Printing must be paid for using a YU Card.
During the fall and winter terms, the lab is open Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM to 7:00 PM. During the summer term, the lab is open Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Some exceptions apply. Please refer to the following schedule to determine availability.
- Students taking Geography classes have priority.
- Eating is not permitted in the lab.
- Please tidy up work space after use.
- Please be respectful of others.
- Loud music is not permitted in the lab.
- Download assignment folder from the R:\AP\GIS drive to your external memory device before you begin working on assignments.
- Save your work to your external memory device frequently to avoid losing your work.
- Please load your YU card before printing.
Career Links (jobs)
Department of Geography
Ross North 302B